Thursday 1 October 2009

The last film I saw at the cinema

My son is only 2 and a few weeks ago I took him to the cinema for the first time.  His eyes certainly lit up when we went in, possibly all the lights and colours but mainly all the sweets and pic 'n mix on display.  Anyway I really enjoyed taking him.  We went to see Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.  I do love modern animation especially pixar films and whilst I only managed to see the first hour of the film I did enjoy it but I can't really give it a rating.  All in all a good experience for us both though.  It had been so long since I went to the cinema that I can't actually remember the last film I went to see before that.

I think the film makers were too anthropomorphous with the characters in an extremely american-centric way.  I guess that's what makes the film funny.  It pokes fun at the everyday foibles of life.  I do think this side of the film was lost on my son though.  I'd say not as good as the first two Ice Age films but okay.  I think I'll take him to see Toy Storey 3D - see what he makes of that.  I'll let you know.  Still no camera but I have an itchy trigger finger that's just not satisfied with the camera on my mobile phone.

No comments: